Monday, December 21, 2009

POCAR Training -- 12/20/2009

Clark set a course and navigated us through a POCAR training session on 20 December.  Here are his thoughts:

I’ve seen the pictures of the torn up feet from last years POCAR.  I am determined not to let my feet look the same.  The team is completing long group runs once a week.  The main purpose is to make sure everyone has a good level of fitness, but I am hoping it toughens my feet up.  We started running for two hours and are now up to two hours forty minutes.  I am hoping we are up to three thirty before we take off.

Yesterdays run was great.  The weather was nice in a Minnesota sort of way.  Couple of fresh inches of snow, temp in the mid twenty’s, overcast.  What more can you ask for?   Pete says the terrain at POCAR is pretty hilly, so I tried to set up a run that would hit as many hills in Bloomington as I could.  The two inches of Mother Nature’s natural slurpy on the ground made the old ankles work hard.  There were some great views of Bush Lake and the downtown Skyline on the route.  The feet started to get some hot spots on the arches toward the end of the run.  I think the sloppy uneven snow was the culprit.  I am sure there will be plenty of that at the race.

No comments: