Thursday, July 31, 2008

Black Diamond Headlight


Okay. This is the first of many future posts on product reviews. I recently purchased the Black Diamond Icon Headlamp.


A single 3-watt bulb and four 0.5-watt LEDs that runs on 3 AAA batteries. It also has a NRG
rechargeable battery kit, sold separately for $30.


I have not used it in a race but I did go chasing my Vizsla at 2am and this baby stopped him like a deer in headlights (literally). He had no idea I was behind that shining beacon. For the price (About $85 with the rechargeable kit) I think it will work fine. (BTW....I bought mine at Midwest Mountaineering....so should you!)


The only hassle about Black Diamond lights it their 'half button' technology which makes slightly push the button to switch levels. I would much prefer to just mash the button four times and cycle through each mode vs. trying to be soft and delicate.

No comments: