Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shout Out for the Shockspital

GoathorkI found myself in a world of hurt/panic this past Sunday.  I was prepping for the upcoming Planet Adventure Old School 36 hour event.  Paddles on the bike, all the gear organized....  this race requires you to carry 100% of the discipline gear (minus the canoe and bike) for all 36 hours.  A lot of weight.  I wanted to check the air pressure in my shock.  I go to attach my pump, and the fitting breaks off of the pump.  Sunday night... can't do anything but fret and pump my neighbors for information on a speedy repair.  "Call bike shops.... and I think there might be a guy behind Alt.."  Monday, 9 AM and the local shops start opening, I make a few calls and are greeted with doubtful commits.  The Alt opens at 10, and I get the name of "the man" in town for suspensions.  I checkout the Shockspital website and place a request.  "HELP"  By the time I get Brian on the phone, he has hung up with the SRAM folks and the part is on its way.  Three day turn around, no problem.  Today, I get the bad news that my part didn't arrive... but Brian had a solution.  He pulled an old part, made sure it was fully functional, and told me to come back post race for the real deal.  Thank you much!

Paula and I will be assisting Team MAAR at this event.  Follow us and give us a shout out of your own!

No comments: